What progress have you made in meeting the objectives of your institutional link?Tri Thanh- Le
- Objective 1: a long term, sustainable international strategy between UK-Vietnam in maritime logistics:
– Very good progress. A research network has been initiated. A proposal was accepted for further funding from the Newton Fund. Two proposals for future sustainability submitted. Official websites and social media groups are being created.
- Objective 2: Vietnam first research lab in ICT for maritime logistics:
– Good progress: infrastructures and lab space have been set up; researchers have been recruited
- Objective 3: Identify areas where ICT can be applied:
– Very good progress: a survey on this aspect has been carried out. The partnership has invited University of Transport, Hochiminh city to take part in this activity to widen the network and impact.
- Objective 4: Improve logistics performance inside ports:
– Very good progress: data has been/ is being collected from the port partners. Two algorithms have been/ are being developed. Results have been published in world-leading journals in the field.
- Objective 5: Improve efficiency of multi-modal transport in ports:
– Very good progress: data has been/ is being collected from the port partners. A simulation and two algorithms have been/ are being developed. Results have been published in world-leading journals in the field.
- Objective 6: Dissemination to a wide audience and industrial partners:
– Very good progress: the consortium are working closely with industrial partners to collect data and discuss applications. Results are disseminate via multiple international conferences/exhibitions and seminars/event organisations