New Collaboration Opportunities Between The Partners Of The UAKP ProjectTri Thanh- Le
In addition to the current collaboration between the partners of the UAKP project, as a result of this project we have also developed the following new international collaboration opportunities:
- New partners for our proposal for a Newton Institutional Links grant (awarded in February 2015). The new partners are Vietnam Maritime University, AECOM (a global-leading corporation in solutions for sustainability development with a presence in 150 countries) and Mersey Maritime (a unique world-class not-for-profit maritime cluster of over 2000 businesses, employing 26,000 people with an annual turnover of £2.5 billion), and Viconship (leading maritime logistics provider in Vietnam). This partnership was strengthened by an MOU between LJMU and Mersey Maritime, and £30K to fund a PhD project from AECOM.
- Another Vietnam-UK international collaboration partner between LJMU, Le Quy Don University, Vietnam and the Vietnam logistics company IFT. Funding for this collaboration is being sought from the Newton Research Collaboration programme provided by the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- Other collaborations between LJMU, VNU-UET, UT-HCMC and logistics companies in Vung Tau (Vietsovpetro, PTSC Supply Base, Viettel, etc.) are being investigated.
- A new proposal to further extend this current UAKP has been submitted. In this proposal we identified new partners which are EP Logis IT, a Vietnam company working on ICT for logistics, and AECOM, a global company
- A consortium for the next Newton Fund call is being prepared. In addition to the above partners, there will be new partners such as Red Ninja (IT company working on transport in the UK), Institute of Information Technology, Vietnam, MerseyTravel (UK public travel operator in the UK).
In total more than ten new UK and Vietnam partners have been identified in these new collaborations